We finally got rain. It moved in beautifully around 8:30 am or so and gave the growing plants a nice drink.
While it was raining, I was inside the shed working on fixing an old fluorescent light that was laying around in another shed at the school. It didn’t have a receptor plug so I had picked one up at home depot earlier.
Note: Be sure to gauge how thick the wires are. The first plug I used was too small and I had to make another trip to home depot because I didn’t check the first time. But, that light with the housing and bulbs would have easily run more than forty dollars. It just goes to show that repairing things is almost always the better option.
5 Dollars and 15 minutes later Voila!
Two hours later, it looked like it had never even sprinkled…
The rain loosened up the soil long enough for me to dig a PVC trench to run water to the washing station. This is where all vegetables harvested on the farm go immediately after picking for a cool water bath and an air dry. We don’t use pesticides or herbicides so the only thing we are washing off is good ol’ soil.
This led up to a hand washing terminal that will keep us sanitary. I haven’t built the station yet so it isn’t operational. (It will have a bucket for a drain so we can put the used water out in the compost or for other plants. No wasted water here)
Well…Back to the farm,